*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/921725-Lazy-Day
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#921725 added October 8, 2017 at 4:15pm
Restrictions: None
Lazy Day
Not much to write about today, it's been a lazy Sunday. Last night was a crazy night at work and I was late getting out of there, so late getting home. Even so, I managed to get to bed by midnight just to get woke up at four-thirty this morning by a phone call from the Director of Operations at work.

I was sleeping sound and didn't hear the phone right away and by the time I did drag my groggy butt out of bed and got to the phone, he had hung up; no message. I thought about calling him back, but waited since there wasn't any message left. I checked my cell phone for any messages or emails, nothing. By now, it was time for Rhonda to get up and get ready for work, so the coffee was finishing up. I decided to enjoy a cup with her while I pondered why the Director would be calling me that early on a Sunday.

Rhonda left for work about five-thirty and I had another cup of coffee while I waited for her to call when she got there, just in case something had come up at the work site that he may have been calling about. Nothing. I decided to return to bed, since I have to work this evening again. I never did find out why he had called, and since he didn't leave a message or try to contact me again, can only assume he was calling someone else and got my number by mistake.

The second time around I woke to Hannah, our dog, licking my face; time to get up. This was a little after ten. From there it's been a quiet and peaceful day, very relaxing. Rhonda called a little while ago to say it was crazy busy at work again, so having a relaxing morning and afternoon will help out when I get there.

© Copyright 2017 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/921725-Lazy-Day