*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/921843
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Mystery · #2134234
Scooby Doo meets the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew minus Scooby Doo. It's a ghost mystery.
#921843 added October 10, 2017 at 3:59am
Restrictions: None
October 10th, 2017 - Rising Action: Trial
Oct. 10: - Rising Action: Trial ▼

(1) Complications. Brainstorm additional things that could go wrong for your protagonist. You are not required to resolve any problems yet, just create them. Remember: The more hardships your main character faces, the more readers will cheer them on!
(2) Identify allies and enemies encountered along the journey and describe how they help or hinder your protagonist(s). Add any new characters to your character list.

*** NEED DISASTERS? See the Plot Twists generator at the bottom of the calendar.


(1) Complications. Brainstorm additional things that could go wrong for your protagonist. You are not required to resolve any problems yet, just create them. Remember: The more hardships your main character faces, the more readers will cheer them on!

What mystery doesn’t have complications along the way? Sometimes it’s because of those trying to cover up what they are doing. And sometimes it’s because of finding out what they are trying to cover up. Either way, there are complications. Sometimes those complications are natural. And sometimes they aren’t. It’s up to The Tween Detectives to figure out which ones are and which ones aren’t.

(2) Identify allies and enemies encountered along the journey and describe how they help or hinder your protagonist(s). Add any new characters to your character list.

The Tween detectives don’t really have any allies, except for each other. Most of the residences of Middletown, Ks don’t acknowledge them. And the ones that do don’t believe them as detectives. Even after they figure out who the phony ghost or ghosts are, they still don’t believe them. After all, they are just children.

If they want to play detective, that’s one thing. But to believe that they are one isn’t. Even their own families don’t believe. Their siblings tease, torment, or ignore them, and their parents are constantly trying to stop this childhood faze that they are going through.

As for enemies, they have a lot of them. Sometimes it’s just one phony ghost, like in this novel. And sometimes it’s two or more. But whether they are one or more they are the enemy because of who they are, and what they are trying to do. They use the ghost legends around there to get away with whatever bad they are trying to do. And they don’t like it when The Tween Detectives try to stop them. It’s usually not violent or deadly. At least not toward the Tweens. But it can sometimes be. And in this novel it will be one of those times.


© Copyright 2017 PureSciFiPlus (UN: purescifi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFiPlus has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/921843