*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/921879-Outline-Revision-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Bernie
Rated: ASR · Book · Activity · #2136265
Doing some NaNoWriMo Prep for 2017
#921879 added October 10, 2017 at 7:13pm
Restrictions: None
Outline Revision #1
I. Stasis

The Guardians are moving groups of people from smaller settlements to larger ones. Story opens up with them in a small settlement in Pennsylvania and progressively moving onward west to a large and safe settlement in Denver.


II. Trigger

a. Just before reaching Denver, they are brought into the beginnings of a war by the Knights coming down upon them at early morning. Confusion at the Guardians being associated with the Cathari. Even though the Knights leave them be, they're now on the Knights' radar.


III. The Quest

a. Because of the incident, the Guardians manage to find out more about the Knights and the Cathari and find out things about the Knights that surprise them.


IV. Surprise

a. Because of their research, they find out some dark secrets the Knights have held that date back to before the outbreak. Learning that those who were in charge of the secret tests done on orphans and those who weren't harmed by the outbreak went to the Knights and the Knights had them continue research. This affects Julessa who was one of those they had done tests on.

b. They also find out that they are finding a way to domesticate the Ferals and using them as guard/attack dogs.


V. Critical Choice

a. It becomes obvious what the Knights truly are, their religion becoming bent thanks to Joanna Archibald (started by her father), realizing that they're trying to create their own "pure" race and if people don't want to join the,
becoming part of the experiments they're running.

b. Julessa decides they must do something to stop the Knights because there isn't anybody who they can turn to.

c. Julessa gets the Guardians to agree and look out to the larger settlements to create an "army" of sorts.
          i. Also eventually team up with the Cathari (Purists).


VI. Climax

a. The "battle" begins between the Guardians and the Cathari.

b. Julessa finds out her "family" has become part of the Knights' guard dogs.

c. Guardians find out the real reason the outbreak occurred and who was behind it.

         i. Joanna found out that her father had been a part of a large religious sect that wanted to recreate the original Adam and Eve, before the apple of knowledge. A human without sin.

         ii. Realize that one of the people who had been experimented on had escaped, not realizing the type she had was incredibly contagious.

         iii. Joanna continued the research, wanting to become a human without sin.


VII. Reversal

a. The Guardians are able to release Julessa and kill Joanna.

b. Julessa must kill her "family" and come to terms that it wasn't really her family.

c. The Guardians kill Joanna and the rest of the Knights' heads, plus the scientists.

d. Able to save some of those who had been kidnapped and experimented on.


VIII. Resolution

a.Julessa feels freed from her demons from the experiments.

b. The Guardians begin to think about setting up schools within the settlements to begin educating the survivors.

         i. They begin to think of long term goals for the country.

                   *BulletG* Rebuilding

c. Julessa/Dax relationship

d. Cynthia/Brodie relationship

e. Colin/??? relationship

© Copyright 2017 Bernie (UN: msbiggs at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bernie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/921879-Outline-Revision-1