*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/922105-Uncertain-as-The-Weather
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#922105 added October 14, 2017 at 4:31pm
Restrictions: None
Uncertain as The Weather
Here it is, Saturday already, and it's back to work already. I didn't get in any kayaking or disc golf during my days off, but I did get quite a bit done around the home. My wife and I went through all the camping gear, cleaned things up and packed them away for next year. We also put up our new mailbox post, hopefully the snow plow doesn't bust this one. We also got some work done in the flower garden and planted some tulip bulbs.

It's getting late in the year, but I'm still hopeful to get in some disc golf and some more kayaking and fishing. We all know how much the weather can change, but our climate here is even more unpredictable. We could have quite a few more nice days to enjoy, and then again, we could see a wet, cold fall and an early winter. I think, from the past years I've lived here, we will still have some real nice days to enjoy.

It's kind of like the conversation I had earlier this morning with my wife over coffee; she was checking the weather for the day and told me it's supposed to rain all day, but be sunny and cool tomorrow.

"I'll take it." I replied with a smile, since I really don't have a choice anyway. What I was thinking was, if it's cold and raining today, it should be slower at work this afternoon and evening. If the forecast is wrong, it will be busier, but then, the day passes by quicker.

I checked the forecast again a short time ago, when Hannah was getting spooked by the thunder. It was raining hard, dark, and a lot of thunder overhead; not what had been forecast for early afternoon. The forecast had changed, instead of a slight chance of rain this afternoon, increasing into evening, it was no a good chance of rain all day, and more rain tomorrow.

Now, the rain has passed, no more thunder, and it looks like the sun could break through again. I haven't checked the forecast again, but I'm sure if I did, it would be different, again. That's the way the weather is around here, it often changes several times through the day.

Similarly, the seasons are much like this, too. This year has been especially uncertain. We have seen temperature differences of sixty degrees in a couple of days. A nice summer day followed by a blustery fall day. Hot and humid one day, cold and almost arid the next. Last week we had temperatures into the sixties and even lower seventies, this week we barely made it into the sixties and seen frost and freezing at night.

It can make it rather difficult to plan things, but whatever comes, I'll take it and make the most of it. I think of it as an exercise in spontaneity.


© Copyright 2017 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/922105-Uncertain-as-The-Weather