*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/922145-Sunday-morning-musingstime-is-precious
by Tanith
Rated: E · Book · Writing.Com · #2135844
With coffee and writing implements at hand, I can determine the shape of today.
#922145 added October 15, 2017 at 8:26am
Restrictions: None
Sunday morning musings...time is precious!
So much to do, so little time...

My own work. My work for StratSent. The comfortable and comforting little niche I've carved out for myself here. Housework. Actual go-out-and-earn-a-paycheck work. How do folks manage their time in such situations?

My answer is to cut out anything that does not contribute positively to my life. Last night my guild leader was telling me, "You gotta get Netflix." I responded, "No, I don't." TV is the source of much of the venom that's infected our culture, in my eyes. I know there is good programming out there, with quality writing and production values, but I've had a deep distrust of the medium ever since "reality" TV slithered into sight. Look where it got us, politically speaking. And today's large wall-sized sets remind me too much of the "walls" of Fahrenheit 451. That's not a world I want to live in.

Instead, I choose to shape the world I want.

© Copyright 2017 Tanith (UN: tanith49 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tanith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/922145-Sunday-morning-musingstime-is-precious