*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/922258-Freestyle-Brainstorm
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Bernie
Rated: ASR · Book · Activity · #2136265
Doing some NaNoWriMo Prep for 2017
#922258 added October 16, 2017 at 9:29pm
Restrictions: None
Freestyle Brainstorm
Located in Phoenix, Arizona, The Hallowed Order of the Cathari stay mostly to themselves. They farm all sorts of vegetables and live stock. It's important to them to stay as self-efficient as possible as they understand others opinion of their beliefs.

Because of said beliefs, their settlement is the safest in terms of protection from outsiders. They have an electric fence that surrounds their settlement that's in front of a tall metal fence with barbed wire. The uninitiated would think it's against the Ferals, others would know it was those who didn't agree with their beliefs. For it was the Ferals they believed in. It was the Ferals they strove to be like.

The Ferals were the purified human. There was no hatred, no jealousy, no nothing. They just were. There were crazy ones who strove to be a Feral, even some who tried to mate with Ferals. To outsiders, it was insanity. To them, it was everything. How were they different than those who believed in a God? In an invisible being that lived in the sky.

They were often called the Purists or the Catharists, though the most popular was just the former. The Purists had a wide range of "belief" within their order. Like previously mentioned, there were two extreme views on one end who tried to become a Feral due to ritual and injections of varied forms of the S-284Z bacterium and those who tried to mate with the Ferals. There have been successes in regards to these, and by successes doesn't necessarily mean positive things. Most of those who had successful results in regards to receiving the bacterium, three quarters went insane. Literally. They had to be killed and were given a proper burial. In regards to the successful pregnancies, only 1 didn't result in a terrible miscarriage in which only two didn't die from it. The one child that did survive, didn't for very long. It had a long list of medical problems and died just months before its first birthday from a terrible seizure.

On the other end of the spectrum, there are some who just believe that there is something incredibly special about the Ferals. Something to strive for and achieve as an individual. Seeing as this was the purpose for the whole epidemic and how lucky were they to have something so pure in their lives?

Some have even tried to live amongst the Ferals, but of those who have tried to, it never lasted very long and would end up coming back to the settlement, often have in shock and sick from exposure. One nearly died from a Feral attack.

There are also some incredibly intelligent Purists who are not crazy at all and instead bring a theological view to the existence of the Ferals and their purpose on Earth. It is these members who are of the majority of the Purists. Those who fight through the crazy views only a small percentage bring to the outsiders.


© Copyright 2017 Bernie (UN: msbiggs at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bernie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/922258-Freestyle-Brainstorm