*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/922415
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Book · Supernatural · #2138250
Life is not a fairytale. It's like a nightmare & for immortals it can be fucking endless.
#922415 added October 19, 2017 at 7:08pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter Nine – Sic’em on a chicken
By now it was mid-morning and I realize I am starving. I quickly dig out my training clothes from my duffle bag and get changed. I put on a black sports bra, my spandex bike shorts and running shoes. I pull my long red hair up into a messy bun and head downstairs to the kitchen to find something to eat. I notice a plate next to the stove with a note on it. It’s from Mrs. McGillycuddy. Goddess bless her. She set aside some food for me. I promptly scarf down the food, then wash my plate and put it away. I write a simple reply on the sticky note that says “The way to a wolfs heart, is through her stomach. I love you. –Rae.” I put it on the fridge knowing that will be the best place for her to find it.

I immediately leave the kitchen in search of my nieces, Ryan and Savanah. I know Heath my oldest nephew will no doubt be off with the other boys that hadn’t shifted yet, to learn self-control, leaving the girls to fend for themselves.

I soon hear the girls screaming in terror. I quickly run in the general direction I hear there screams coming from. As I round the back of the pack-house I can’t believe the sight before me. They are under the old oak tree, bouncing on the trampoline. Savanah screaming and clinging to Ryan yelling “Save me. Save me”. Understanding they are not in mortal danger, I see the culprit of their fear, one of Mrs. McGillycuddy’s prize roosters circling the trampoline looking for the opportunity to no doubt claw one of the girls with his long spurs.

I can’t help but stop dead in my tracks to watch how this train-wreck unfolds. I put my hand over my mouth to stifle the laughter that threatens to escape. I watch the girls bounce and run from one side of the trampoline to the other, all the while Mr. Rooster circles them like a shark. I stand there for several minutes watching them repeat the process.

I notice how different the girls look from each other. Ryan is petite and looks more like me than her mother. She has long flaming red hair. Her pale complexion looks like virgin snow on a winter’s night. Her eyes like two huge sapphires full of curiosity and adventure. Savanah is much taller than Ryan and has dark brown hair, which she insists she wants short. She says she doesn’t like it to be in eyes and long hair gets in my way she says. Her eyes are like two large topazes that glimmer in the sunlight. Her constant smile is infectious.

Suddenly, Ryan leaps off the side of the trampoline and makes a beeline for the back door. I duck behind a bush just before she sees me. I peak over the tops of the leaves to see Savanah standing there pouting with her lip sticking out far enough a bird could land on it. She crosses her arms over her chest and stares the rooster in the eye. I can tell she is thinking about something. Just then she walks over to the side of the trampoline and I can barely hear her whisper “If you let me go and don’t scratch me, I will bring you some big fat worms for dinner.” I about faint as I watch the rooster bob his head a couple of times, turn tail and run back towards the chicken coop. Savanah slowly slides off the trampoline and walks to the back door with her head held high, like she just won a war.

I come out from behind the bush to see Celia slinking out the backdoor. She turns to me, her eyes wide with surprise as I watch her jump like a kid that’s been caught with its hand caught in a cookie jar. “Hello” I say. She quickly regains her composure and I can’t help but wonder what the little skank has been up to.

She looks at me and purrs, “Well hello Raelynne, I didn’t expect to see you so soon.” I’m sure you didn’t I think to myself. I can hear Birdy start to growl and scratch. Neither one of us have ever liked Celia. She made our life a living hell at times.

Celia looks down at me through her long eyelashes as if she is bored and say’s “Your father was looking for you earlier and told me that if I find you, to let you know.” She walks away with a smirk on her face.

I find that rather odd since my father can contact me through the pack-link. I quickly reach out only to find he has his link cut-off. That’s strange, I think to myself. I guess I better go see what he wants and head towards my father’s study.
© Copyright 2017 Lyrae Duff-Holmes (UN: lyrae31 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lyrae Duff-Holmes has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/922415