*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/922416
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Book · Supernatural · #2138250
Life is not a fairytale. It's like a nightmare & for immortals it can be fucking endless.
#922416 added October 19, 2017 at 7:09pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter Ten – Secret
I walk down the long hallway towards my father’s study. I hear the faint sound of my father and mother talking. I hear my mother say “Damn it Kieran this has gone on long enough. Either you tell YOUR daughter about Margaux or I will”.

“No Juliette, you will not say a word to her and that’s my final order.” My father commands.

“Order. Order?” I hear my mother scoff at my father. “I think you forget that this could not only put OUR daughter in danger but everyone you know and love.” She shouts at him.

I notice the door isn’t closed all the way, so I take this opportunity to move a little closer. I see my father sitting at his desk while my mother stands to the side of him with her back to me.

My father reaches up and rubs my mother’s thighs and softly says, “I’m not going to argue with you about this Juliette. Margaux is dead and Raelynne has already gone through enough already, what with the death of Fenris and then Griff. My daughter is very strong but I think something like that will destroy her.”

I hear my mother sigh. “Kieran, what if someone finds out? What will you do? By then it will be too late. I’ve studied this my whole life and I much as I hate to say it, I really think she is the one.”

The one what I think? What are they talking about and who the hell is Margaux?

My mother whispers “I know I made a promise to Margaux but Kieran, mark my words you need to tell her and soon.” My mother reaches out and touches my father’s face tenderly. I watch as my father’s eyes close when she leans down and kisses him on the lips. I’m frozen as I see her pull her dress up and straddle my father’s lap, grinding against him. My father starts kissing her neck and running his hands all over her body. My parents rarely show any affection to each other outside the occasional diplomatic peck on the lips or formal hand-holding. So, I stand there wide-eyed in disbelief.

I hear my father growl. I jump as I watch him push her away and take long strides towards the door. My heart races as I think I’ve been caught eavesdropping. I hold my breath as I press my back against the wall praying for the walls to devour me. I hear the door slamming and the sound of the lock clicking. It is only then that I let out a sigh of relief. I look towards the door as I hear objects crashing to the floor and the sound of fabric ripping. I hear my mother gasp and moan. I shudder realizing what is obviously going on now. Ugg! My parents getting their freak on. If I didn’t need therapy before, I surely need it now.

I turn to head back down the hall, only to collide straight into Strabo. He grabs my arms to keep me from falling. “See anything interesting?” he asks in very creepy suggestive way. I jerk myself out of his arms as though his touch burned me and not in a good way.

“No. I was just coming to see father but he is um…. well occupied at the moment” I reply as I look back and forth between Strabo and the door. And feel the flush of embarrassment on my face.

“You look so tense and flushed Raelynne. Are you feeling okay? Maybe I should take you so you can lie down.” Strabo whispers as he reaches up and tucks a loose stand of hair behind my ear. “Besides, there isn’t anything to be embarrassed about two people showing passion for each other, also I find it a wonderful way to relieve tension.” I quickly mumble something incoherent and walk away, almost sprinting down the hallway.

I exit the pack-house and head straight for the training-grounds. I keep mulling over my parent’s conversation, wondering who my mother was talking about. Did my father have an affair at one time? Dad never said how he and mom met. Maybe their marriage was arranged the same way mine will no doubt be, but my parents love each other. Anyone that sees the two of them together knows that. Maybe it was someone dad knew from before mom but why would that be a secret, after all dad is old and I am sure he wasn’t a virgin on his wedding night, most male wolves aren’t, not that I even want to think about that. I guess I’m just in shock about what they said and…gross…what they were now doing.

© Copyright 2017 Lyrae Duff-Holmes (UN: lyrae31 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lyrae Duff-Holmes has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/922416