*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/922424
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Book · Supernatural · #2138250
Life is not a fairytale. It's like a nightmare & for immortals it can be fucking endless.
#922424 added October 19, 2017 at 7:20pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter Eighteen – Day Drinking
Suddenly behind me, I hear the sound of feet running my direction and the joyous laughter of my friend Coco making her way down the hall. I turn and we both run towards each other. We squeal as we hug and Coco rubs her cheek against mine in greeting. Out of habit, I take a deep breath and smell her. Her scent always reminders me of home with its fresh cut grass and lavender smell. I close my eyes and whisper in her ear. “Hey, you, I’ve missed you.” I quickly push her out at arm’s length and survey her cute outfit, as I say, “Now let me take a look at you.”

Coco has always been gorgeous. She did some modeling when we were in our teens, but she gave it up when she realized her appetite for food made all the other models hate her. After all werewolves eat…A LOT.

Coco is tall. Like very tall, close to six foot with long legs that go up to her ass. Her beautiful blonde hair has been cropped into a short pixie hairstyle since we last saw each other. It frames her face perfectly. Of course, she would be wearing black low-rise skinny jeans that hang off her perfect hips exposing her white boyfriend undies that peek out above her belt, paired with two “husband beater” tanks, one white and one black. She’s also wearing her signature Smokey-eyes which makes her eyes pop and cream-colored lip gloss making her lips look kissable. I know she is looking at me as well. So, I just shrug as if to say, don’t comment or you die. She knows the last thing I want to talk about right now is Griff. We both give a nervous laugh at the same time, jostling each other with our elbows, like little chickens. We’ve done that since we were little.

Changing the subject Coco starts talking first, “So, I hear from my new bartender that some cute little firecracker showed up at the bar last night.” She looks at me before continuing with a huge grin on her face. “And as he tells it, this firecracker was practically raping a guy against the back wall of the club. The way he told it both you and a particular Conri brother were going after it pretty hard. He said he was about ready to get out the garden hose to separate the two of them.”

I blush and bite the inside corner of my lower lip. Coco makes a clucking sound with her tongue knowing I’m not telling her something. She moves my hair from my neck and her eyes go wide. She quickly pulls aside the strap of my husband beater. “Oh, my goddess Raelynne, did he mark you in the bar?” she yells as she takes a closer inspection of it with a horrified look on her face.

I instinctively grab my shoulder where Marshall left a huge hickey. “No Coco, he can’t mark me, he’s human. Besides, do you really think I’d let any man mark me? I mean come on, it’s me we’re talking about. Ms. Can’t Find Her Mate.”

Coco starts laughing as if she knows something I don’t. “Oh, so you were mugging down with Marshall. Good for you, I don’t care for Maddox that much. He gives me the creeps, even though he is a wolf now” she says. “Anyway, both of them are easy on the eyes that’s for sure. If I wasn’t married to Mr. Vagina, I’d sure bang either of them given the opportunity. I might even consider both at the same time” she says wiggling her eyebrows. Leave it to Coco to never mince words. She tells it how it is and says what’s on her mind. And I can’t help but snicker at her calling her very masculine mate Mr. Vagina. He would kill her if he heard that.

I don’t really want to talk to her about Marshall. I am curious though how come Maddox is a wolf but Marshall isn’t. But I don’t want to ask any questions because Coco will grab on to the conversation and not let go. She’ll have Marshall and I marked, mated and pups on the way given her wild imagination. I can already see the gears in her head smoking, working overtime. I quickly tell her, “Stop whatever you are thinking right now. Ain’t gonna happen. Ever.” Wanting to change the subject as fast as I can I ask, “So how is everything going? What’s the latest pack gossip?”

Coco grins excitedly and begins to tell me the day-to-day pack gossip, which some of I already know since my sister the Queen of Gossip already told me. After several minutes of talking non-stop Coco says, “Well really pretty much the same.” Then she starts jumping up and down and looks at me with a Cheshire cat grin. “So” she says drawing out the o. “One tidbit of news”, she pauses again for dramatic effect, waiting for me to drag it out of her. I move my hand in a circle like come-on already. “Celia was or still is fucking Strabo” she screams. “I caught her coming out of his suite last weekend when I was up here. You should have seen her face. She started trying to come-up with some lame excuse that she was dropping off some paperwork.”

We both look around after the fact to make sure no one is around. “You can’t be serious. He’s old enough to be her father.” I whisper. “Yeah. He’s old enough to be her father’s father.” She says as she sticks her finger mouth to mock gag. We both laugh.

“Well you know her. She’s always been the pack whore. I mean… I sometimes want to feel sorry for her, but she’s always been such a bitch,” Coco says. We both laugh at the double meaning.

“Seriously though Raelynne, how are you doing?” she asks me in a concerned voice as she slides her arm around my waist.

“Other than being shot up with enough Wolfs bane to knock out an elephant earlier today, I would say I’m doing pretty damn spiffy,” I say.

She looks at me shocked and says, “I was wondering why I couldn’t get you through the pack-link. I mean I’m used to not hearing you since you have been so far away. So, I have to ask, what the hell did you do now?”

“Well, I sort of put Marshall on his ass, licked his neck while grinding against his…well you know? And if that wasn’t bad enough, I lost control of Birdy. She went full turned wolf on his ass and couldn’t decide if she wanted to use him as a play toy or lick him to death. The worst part is I had no control over her at all.” I say sheepishly waiting for her reaction. “But in my defense, he had it coming.”

Coco stops in her tracks and raises an eyebrow. “Oh. My. Goddess. Raelynne, what the hells? Shit. Are you out of your fucking mind?” she asks.

“Well maybe?” I answer her posing it as a question more than an answer.

Her face turns serious and she looks me in the eyes and says, “Oh Raelynne don’t you see it. You and Marshall are mates. You better go find that man and mark his ass now. Well not his fine-looking ass, but you know what I mean.”

“Coco, please don’t say anything to anyone.” I beg her. “I’m not one-hundred percent sure he is my mate and besides I’m not ready for a mate. I’m still trying to deal with my feelings about Griff and then there is the whole perfect match shit mom is throwing my way. Also, I cannot accept a human as a mate. Especially since Fenris is gone” I say with a sad face. “I’m next in line for Alpha or should I my “mate” and I will become the Alpha. Shit. My mother already has an arsenal of suitors coming to visit over the next few months. I would rather not have anyone know about my attraction to Marshall.”

“Raelynne, sweetie. I love you to pieces but you know if there is the slightest chance he is your mate you have to take it. Besides, there is only two ways to end the mate pull. Mate and Mark or reject and as an Alpha that really isn’t an option” she says.

My heart stops and I feel like I can’t breathe as soon as she says the words reject. Could I reject Marshall? “I think I need to get drunk” I groan.

“Well that shouldn’t be hard to do since you are all pumped full of Wolfs bane. The weekend is starting now, so let the debauchery begin.” Coco says as we both run and laugh hysterically.
© Copyright 2017 Lyrae Duff-Holmes (UN: lyrae31 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lyrae Duff-Holmes has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/922424