*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/922470-October-20th-2017---Cultural-Setting
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Sci-fi · #2134227
Think Sue Grafton meets Murder, She Wrote. Then add Science Fiction to it.
#922470 added October 20, 2017 at 4:03pm
Restrictions: None
October 20th, 2017 - Cultural Setting
Oct. 20: - Cultural Setting ▼

Describe the cultural, political and/or religious setting in your novel, regardless of whether the cultural setting is fictional, historical, or modern.
(1) What do your societies believe?
(2) In what practices do they engage?
(3) What laws or rules of society are in place?
(4) Who/what enforces the laws and rules and how successful are they?
(5) What technologies are in use?
(6) How does the setting impact your protagonist(s) in their pre-story lives?
(7) How does the setting impact the plot of your story?


Describe the cultural, political and/or religious setting in your novel, regardless of whether the cultural setting is fictional, historical, or modern.


(1) What do your societies believe?

We don’t know what societies there are, except that there are a lot of them. After all, up to a hundred planets have Instructors and Trainers are there.

(2) In what practices do they engage?

It’s like their beliefs, there are up to hundred or more of them. That’s because most of the planets have more than one belief.

(3) What laws or rules of society are in place?

We call them the police on Earth. But on this planet they are called The Law.

(4) Who/what enforces the laws and rules and how
successful are they?


The Law are the ones that enforce the law on this planet. But other than that, we don’t know too much about them.

(5) What technologies are in use?

We don’t know too much about their technologies. But we do know that they are an advanced society.

(6) How does the setting impact your protagonist(s) in their pre-story lives?

It does, but it doesn’t. After all, all the Pilot Fighter Training Centers are about the same that Ovven has been at.

(7) How does the setting impact the plot of your story?

The Pilot Fighter Training Center has a big impact. It’s the main setting in this novel.

© Copyright 2017 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/922470-October-20th-2017---Cultural-Setting