*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/922498-ALVINNN
by Tanith
Rated: E · Book · Writing.Com · #2135844
With coffee and writing implements at hand, I can determine the shape of today.
#922498 added October 21, 2017 at 9:53am
Restrictions: None
ALVINNN!!!
There are a lot of things I'm used to seeing here in the mountains during the fall. The leaves putting on their spectacular show, the people who come to admire it, pumpkins all over the place, and stores trying to cram early Christmas merchandise alongside the Halloween stuff.

This fall brings a new sight: chipmunks.

Of course, they've been here all along. What's notable is that I'm seeing them competing with the squirrels to play "chicken" in traffic. Had it happen to me at least three times this week. They're such tiny creatures that one doesn't even see them until one is nearly on top of them. Cute as can be, too. I just with they'd stay out of the road. There are people driving in this area who wouldn't notice an elephant in the road, much less a little chipmunk.

Why so many, though? Have we had a chipmunk population explosion? Or have they been observing the squirrels' suicidal behavior and decided they want to try it, too? Is there a story in here? I bet there is! Maybe chipmunks are aliens...

© Copyright 2017 Tanith (UN: tanith49 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tanith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/922498-ALVINNN