*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/923433-Tidying-up
by Tanith
Rated: E · Book · Writing.Com · #2135844
With coffee and writing implements at hand, I can determine the shape of today.
#923433 added November 7, 2017 at 8:26am
Restrictions: None
Tidying up
So, after a weekend of unexpected encounters of the automotive kind and the time change which has thrown off my rhythm, another workweek has commenced.

And something else, too...I find myself wanting to tackle the clutter here in the house. Living in a home for nearly thirty years means you accumulate a lot of stuff, not all of it necessary. Books are easy enough; I can cart those off to the library by the boxful when we need "freebies" (few of mine would pass the "sellable" test, they're old). But I want to take my desk and filing cabinet back, get the kitchen in some kind of sane order, and not have to shift stuff in the living room every time I want to sit down. Something's gotta be done.

Ergo, I'm going to have a look at The life-changing Magic of Tidying Up : the Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing. by Marie Kondo. I can recall a patron or two talking about this book and how remarkably they were able to improve things at home by adopting its tenets. It might make for an interesting read while I wait for The Day of the Triffids to get here, at any rate (it's being sent from a library in Milledgeville). I doubt it's going to have a stunning impact on this household, but at the very least I might be able to take away some pointers to chip away at the clutter here. The "housecleaning" I do these days is mostly tidying up the bits that aren't cluttered yet, and that needs to change. It's not healthy.

So, time to shake off the rainy day funk and get busy. I have a meal to put into the slow cooker before I head off to work...

© Copyright 2017 Tanith (UN: tanith49 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tanith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/923433-Tidying-up