*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/923695-Rediscovery
by Tanith
Rated: E · Book · Writing.Com · #2135844
With coffee and writing implements at hand, I can determine the shape of today.
#923695 added November 12, 2017 at 10:46am
Restrictions: None
Rediscovery
Facebook is full of groups for every conceivable interest, so naturally when the writing desire stirred in me I joined a group that looked good to me.

Long story short...it didn't work out. For some reason political posts keep making it onto the group wall (it's a heavily populated group and the mods and admins can only do so much, I expect). And every time this happens...toxicity happens. Squabbling, name-calling, everything that is a natural result of our toxic political climate. One reason I'm rebooting my writing is to both escape this toxicity, and to provide myself and any readers with the tools to remove its taint from our minds. So after finding two more groups that appear to have stricter guidelines on this matter, I quietly left.

So, on to happier matters. After joining a group devoted especially to writing genre fiction, I remembered the fantasy novel I'd started to outline years ago and dug out the binder. I found, to my delight, that the world and its backstory are far better developed than I recalled. There's some work to be done (among other things, I'm debating whether or not to keep the sentient nonhuman races I'd created to share the world with humans), but I can start on it immediately. It may or may not be a YA-level novel...I'll have to look into that. I can probably retool it for either adult or YA audiences.

What better project for a rainy, chilly November Sunday?

© Copyright 2017 Tanith (UN: tanith49 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tanith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/923695-Rediscovery