*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/923699-Writing-and-Commitment-to-NaNo
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#923699 added November 12, 2017 at 12:42pm
Restrictions: None
Writing and Commitment to NaNo
Prompt: How do you manage to maintain your commitment to writing (especially if you're involved in NaNo, for example) during periods of busy real-life happenings (like now, with holidays approaching)?

==============

I don’t find it difficult to commit to writing emotionally because I am committed, possibly by birth, but what I am finding difficult is handling my real life and the people in it when I take on a project with a deadline. That is why, at this point in my life, I am not attempting any publishing projects because the way things are, I may not be able to hack it, and as a writer, you don’t want to upset any publisher or editor. (For upset, piss off was the first word that came to mind and it probably is the right one.)

NaNo is another project with a deadline, but if I don’t finish it by its deadline, it is okay. No real harm comes to me at the end. I have been doing NaNo since 2008, except 2016, and I finished all the novels by or before the November 30 deadline. In 2016, I didn’t attempt NaNo because I had house guests practically for the entire month, and there was no way I could have done it.

Still talking about NaNo, if I write over 2000 words per day during the first 10 days, then I can finish the novel, usually. Also, thinking that November ends on the 25th day helps to speed up the writing process earlier.

Still, I am not sure about this year, but then, during the writing process, I am not sure about Nano, in any year, and this year is just as iffy.

© Copyright 2017 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/923699-Writing-and-Commitment-to-NaNo