*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/924315-Aftermath
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#924315 added November 24, 2017 at 4:45pm
Restrictions: None
Aftermath
         Thank goodness I don't have to work today. Twenty years ago, or more, I would go shopping the day after Thanksgiving. I'd be one of the first s300 and get a candy bar or a special coupon, and I would shop until the door busters stopped at noon!

         I'm older and wiser and slower. I tire more easily. I do my shopping before Thanksgiving. I always have a few unexpected things to get later, but that's okay. This year it's the same. The bulk of my gifts are ready to wrap. However, I was tempted today to go shopping for myself. Then I realized I have too long a list of things. So I slowed down and let it sink in, before I get myself in debt in one weekend.

         I pay all my bills in full each month, so I can't spend more than I take in, which is limited. Thursday night I was looking at new bed pillows, a comforter set, boots, possibly a jacket, a food processor, and a desktop computer. And maybe a coffee maker. My dad wants to go check out some door busters, but he's slow and gets tired easily. I have to drive him, so we can't hit all my stops and his, too. After thinking about it over night and half the day, I don't need a new bed cover, but I could use some pillows. I can live without a food processor, but not without a computer. I don't need a jacket, but could use some boots, if I can find some that don't hurt my bunions (You know how old joints start to separate and pull away, well, that's another story.), The biggest problem with our current coffeemaker is that he has always made the coffee and wants to continue doing so to prove he still has it. He can't see the opening and pours water all over the counter every morning. I come in and mop it up, while he complains about how the coffeemaker is boiling away the water and not making enough coffee for all the water he puts in. A new pot won't solve that problem.

         So after hours of perusing the ads, we have tinkered away at other things and have not gone shopping. When I remembered how tedious it is to stand in line just to pay, I felt relieved we didn't go out. I'm sorry we missed the bargains. Maybe after dinner tonight or tomorrow. I promised the kids we'd make angel wings out of poster board on Sunday, so I have to go out and get that. We're still planning on our own little family enactment of the nativity outside at my niece's barn. One rehearsal before the show will be it. So I've got to get moving on wings and robes!When you go all out for a holiday like we do, you need a day to just do nothing before starting the new series of projects.

© Copyright 2017 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/924315-Aftermath