*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/927015-Time-to-Write
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest Entry · #2145348
All entries for 2018
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#927015 added January 14, 2018 at 10:17am
Restrictions: None
Time to Write
January Prompt: Your new year’s resolution is to quit work and write, but you have to explain it to your spouse.


Ugh! I despise that laugh.

“Are you out of your mind?”

“No.”

“How many times do I have to tell you that writing is a hobby? It’s not going to take you anywhere. The world is inundated with wanna be writers. Besides, we need the income your job provides. Are you forgetting about that?”

“I figured that we could cut back on things.”

“Cut back?”

“Yes.”

“And just want do you think we can cut back on?”

“Hockey.”

“No way.”

“Fine, then golf.”

“You’ve completely lost your mind. I play one sport a season.”

“Expensive sports. You’re gone all the time. Three practices a week, then three games. I need something for myself.”

“You have the house and your job.”

“I hate my job, you know I hate it. Why should I keep busting my butt for something that makes me miserable every day I’m there?”

“I hate seeing you come home every day drained and miserable, I admit that. But do you honestly think sitting at home on the computer is going to make you happy?”

“No, I know it will. This has been my dream for a very long time. I’m not getting any younger. It’s time.”

“Look for another job. Hell, work part-time doing something less stressful. I have no problems with that.”

Part-time! Is he insane? “That’s just it. I’m exhausted from dealing with idiots all day. I need a break from it.”

“I understand that.”

“Do you?”

“Yes.”

“Good. Then it’s settled. I’m going to follow my passion and finally finish all these stories running through my head.”

“Honey…”

“Don’t honey me. You’re not talking me out of this.”

“I have no problems with you quitting your customer service job.”

“That’s good to hear because I already gave my two-week notice.”

WC:296


Written for: "The Dialogue 500"   by W.D.Wilcox
© Copyright 2018 Purple Celebrates (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple Celebrates has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/927015-Time-to-Write