*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/927101-Leadership-Chernobyl-Reborn-and-The-Doomed
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #2044735
(Insert personal fiction here)
#927101 added January 14, 2018 at 11:55pm
Restrictions: None
Leadership. Chernobyl Reborn and The Doomed
GROUP
30-Day Bloggers Group  (13+)
Among the best bloggers on WDC can be found here. Join us, and expand your readership.
#1788309 by Fivesixer


Prompt: The Sunday News! Still on the lookout for any kind of good news, so I'm gonna be really lenient on this today. Give me your definition of leadership, and provide an example (if possible, or a poor example if necessary).

*****************************

So, leadership, yeah! I would define leadership as the skill of bringing people together into a cohesive and functional team by nourishing and encouraging each member to apply and cultivate their strengths.

I had a really good supervisor once. The site director at my old job. Yeah. She was great.

In other news:

Parts of Chernobyl and the surrounding irradiated zone are being gradually converted into a solar power plant.  

That is fucking cool!!! Articles about this seemed to have just started coming out in the past few hours but, holy crap! That's awesome - even though its incredibly disturbing that the last reactor wasn't shut down until 2000(!!!)

Also, apparently there's a website called Good News Network  . That's where I stumbled on the original article.

*****************************

FORUM
Soundtracks of Our Lives  (E)
Sharing the music that makes us original...
#2144947 by Lyn's a sly fox


But just so we don't all get too happy, I thought I'd add a little doom to The Sunday News!

[Embed For Use By Upgraded+]


It turns out (I just found out today) that one of my favorite bands, A Perfect Circle, has been slowly releasing songs for their first full length album of new music in 14 years!!!. Its scheduled to come out sometime this year. Yaaaaayy! What's more, they apparently toured in Camden in November and I missed it (Booooo!).

Below is my favorite version of (probably) my favorite A Perfect Circle song. It was really hard to pick one. This song saw me through and out the lowest points of my adolescence. It became my de facto theme song when I decided to drop all my druggy friends, get my shit together, and go to college.

[Embed For Use By Upgraded+]

So, here's the thing about my love of A Perfect Circle. I love them. LOVE. But, unlike Tool, which I can pretty much listen to in almost any mood, A Perfect Circle has been the go-to band that's helped me catharsize*** (how is that not a "real word"?) so many dark periods and emotions in my life that I have to be judicious about what moods I'm in when I listen to them. Otherwise, my strong association between them and working out the sads will actually now bring up a lot of the feelings I've come to associate with them. I love them anyway. Its just that the past few years I've had to be in a very specific kind of mood to listen to them, which is sad because they're an amazing band with incredible lyrics.

And another (very depressing song).

[Embed For Use By Upgraded+]

The new songs I've heard are really great and seem to be escaping this effect (so far). Good job guys!


*** Why "cathersize" and not purge? 1) Its prettier. 2) It offers a minute connotational difference (in my opinion). 3) It's technically a correct back formation of catharsis, even if Google doesn't consider it a real word. LETS MAKE THIS A THING!

© Copyright 2018 **Right*As*Raine** (UN: rightasraine at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
**Right*As*Raine** has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/927101-Leadership-Chernobyl-Reborn-and-The-Doomed