*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/927136-Fake-It-or-Make-It-Real
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#927136 added January 15, 2018 at 5:35pm
Restrictions: None
Fake It or Make It Real
Lloyd Bridges: born on this day in 1913, once said "I'm foremost an actor. I feel embarrassed being compared to the guys who really work at it. I fake it, I make believe I know all about it, which is what you're supposed to do as an actor." What are your thoughts on this, in relation to the things you write?

Red Dragon



I've met people who can always tell you facts about any thing a group is discussing, with a great deal of smirking boldness And, I've stepped back and heard the gossips of the group call that person a know - it - all. I never agree with the gossip. I think there are people who as children are interested in everything around them, read a lot, explore whatever they see or here and probably ask questions of everyone around them. This continues into their old age. So, they actually do know a lot and often don't have anywhere to spill out their knowledge to the benefit of anyone until they find themselves in the middle of a group discussion. Then, they can be annoying.

As far as my blog goes. I research most of what I write about. Anyway, I don't always find all the facts. And, when I write a story I have to research the oddest things in order to get the feel of what I want to write. Even actors and actresses do research about roles they are going to play. Doctor shows, crime shows, police procedures, the best actors and actresses spend time getting into character. Do they improvise? Probably, a lot. Improvisation in writing and in acting can make the story sing its own song, give it individuality. Try reading, The Lie Tree, by Francis Hardinge. Science takes and interesting turn in this story.

The work as an actor probably takes a turn when dealing with the fans. Since fans may see the person as the character they play and not as a real person who has interests after the show is over for the evening.

And, writers get into a story and live it while they are writing, but probably spend lots of time outside of the story cleaning house, doing laundry, and shopping for groceries.

Stay Warm, Spring is on its way, *FairyR* Apondia *Writing*

© Copyright 2018 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/927136-Fake-It-or-Make-It-Real