*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/928079-Basic-Elements
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#928079 added January 30, 2018 at 11:25pm
Restrictions: None
Basic Elements
Prompt: "Life was reduced to it's 4 basic elements: air, food, drink and a good friend." Sue Grafton What are your views on this?

=========

Since a good percentage of the earth’s population cannot have those four elements and a certain percentage of the folks do have the first three but not the last one, ‘a good friend,’ the world has a long way to go for supplying all the basics to everyone.

Speaking for myself, however, those basic elements I appreciate very much, of course, but without the arts, music, and writing, my alphabet isn’t complete, but then, Sue Grafton’s wasn’t either, although she almost made it with Y is for Yesterday.

I’ll miss Sue Grafton. There was a time when I was following Kinsey Millhone’s exploits as if her shadow. Too bad for the letter Z. This is what happens when you are the last one waiting on line.

© Copyright 2018 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/928079-Basic-Elements