*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/928122-Life-Broken-Down-to-Basics-and-Characterizing-Change
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#928122 added January 31, 2018 at 2:24pm
Restrictions: None
Life Broken Down to Basics and Characterizing Change
"Blogging Circle of Friends "
DAY 1903: January 31, 2018
Prompt: "All major changes are like death. You can't see to the other side until you are there.”
― Michael Crichton, Jurassic Park


Change is perhaps the most difficult transition for most people. I'm not sure I would go so a far as to characterize major change as death-like.
I think as humans, we are naturally creatures of habit and most of us operate better under a consistent routine. It is easy to see how even small disruptions to our set schedules can produce stress. The big changes; divorce, moving, changing jobs, new baby...are life altering certainly but surely only divorce might feel death-like? The old adage that "change is good" typically turns out to be true more often then not I think. Most change brings opportunity in its wake, even if it is forced upon us.


"Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise"
Day 1506 January 31, 2018
Prompt: "Life was reduced to it's 4 basic elements: air, food, drink and a good friend." Sue Grafton What are your views on this?


Life reduced to its barest elements would be, for me...

Air: The rare air of an early Fall afternoon, scented with crisp leaves and ripe with witchy anticipation.
Food: Real Mexican tacos al pastor on those little round corn tortillas with a side of elotes (corn on the cob) dripping with chile and crema.
Drink: A deep, dark Cabernet with hints of blackberry and aged oak
A Good Friend: The oldest and dearest variety...that one of a kind friend who knows who you have been and loves you for who its made you today.





© Copyright 2018 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/928122-Life-Broken-Down-to-Basics-and-Characterizing-Change