*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
19
20
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/928389-Writing-Olympics
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#928389 added February 4, 2018 at 7:54pm
Restrictions: None
Writing Olympics
Prompt: If there were an Olympics for writing, what are some of the events you'd participate in? Be as creative as you'd like...remember, this is a made-up thing, so feel free to make up any events you'd like.

=============


Nothing all that clever here, but I’d participate in two events that would focus on free-flow.

Event no:1 Carrying the Olympics Torch- Round Robin

7 people
The event starts with three random words from dictionary
The clock is set to five minutes. Everyone writes something with those three words during the five minutes.
Then the first person comes up with three words, and during the given five minutes, everyone has to use those words in whatever they are writing, but the trick is their work has to be the continuation of what they started with the first three words.
Then, the second person has his turn and everyone else takes turns. After the seventh person’s words are given and written for, everyone reads what they came up with to the group.

Event no: 2 Solo performance

Any number of people
An idea is given to the group, for example, the word road or a sentence from a book
Everyone is given five minutes to brainstorm and make a list of what they’ll write. There is no talking or sharing the ideas.
Then the group is given a short amount of time, say half an hour or fifteen minutes. Using their brainstorming lists, they write something that includes every item on their lists.
When the time is up, every piece is given a prize because all writers have to be given a prize. *Rolling*




© Copyright 2018 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/928389-Writing-Olympics