*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/928471-Projecting-our-Sins-onto-Others
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#928471 added February 6, 2018 at 10:42am
Restrictions: None
Projecting our Sins onto Others
The human mind is an amazing bio-processor. Mankind has survived on a hostile planet using anticipation to predict what a threat is going to do next. Humans might not be the strongest or quickest or best equipped to engage with their enemies, but they do have a distinct advantage working in their favor. This is the ability to think ahead and network.

So how does this mechanism work? At a basic level it's the ability to write software that is not "Read Only" and passed genetically from one generation to the next, but rather the use of "Random Access" memory to write and record "APPS" and keep a record of what works and pass it down through time. At first it was an oral history shared at the campfire, on the hunt, recounted after battle, and gleaned in the in the never ending struggle to find food and shelter. Later this got written down as symbols were discovered that could be used as aids to memory. Then came the printing press and today our computer and other electronic devices that more and more make the application of past knowledge all but instantaneous.

So what is this APP that enabeles us to anticipate what our adversaries are about to do and take steps at avoidance and retaliation?

1. Study: Anyone who watches group athletics knows that anticipating requires careful study of the techniques and modes by which other competing entities operate. No doubt this one of the earliest uses of man's cognitive abilities.

2. Following Directions: Once an enemy's habits and modus opperandi were understood then strategies and plans could be formulated to elude and respond to the physical conflicts that loomed ahead. At first communities led by the strongest were told how they would collectively perform when the adversity presented itself. The problem was that physical muscle in an individual was not always matched with the cognitive skills to pick "Best" from the foggy array of possibilities. Compounding this was the reality that mankind has a distributed rather than a centralized social structure.... meaning that elements of an optimal course of actions might be percolating in the minds of a handful of individuals. So the guy with the biggest biceps was not always the wisest in deciding what to do.

3. The Greeks came up with the next major advance. This was the Problem Solving Process which defined a problem, distinguished between facts and assumptions, game played courses of action and selected the one that offered the best likelihood of success.

4. There was one more App that evolved somewhere in the passage of time and this was Projection. The idea was that in the absence of information the gaps could be filled in by assuming that your enemy would think and behave as you do. There were some real problems with this approach because it is based upon an assumption and any football coach knows the danger of assuming what the opposing team is going to do. For example postulating plans based on your MO might be entirely at odds with the MO of a competing organization. If the assumption proves to be incorrect a whole lot of time and effort will be expended on preparing for courses of action that will never see the light of day. Just because you would do something a certain way does not necessarily mean your enemy is thinking along the same lines, either deliberately or as a result of not considering a possibility to begin with. So the danger with projection is that you might "Out Smart" yourself and put yourself in a position that is worse than never considering a "Likelihood" to begin with. Now I know this might seem a bit abstract, however, as I watch what is unfolding in the news and the political struggle taking place between the Republicans and Democrats, Projection is one of the tools Democrats are using to get an edge on their opponents.

5. The Democrats are accusing the Trump Administration of collusion with Russia. The mainstream media has been serving up this story line for the past two years. If the Trump administration has broken laws then I'm sure the Muller Investigation will get to the bottom of it. This is the hope the Resistance is clinging to anyway. The reason they cling to it so strongly is Projection... it is exactly this collusion that the Obama Administration has been engaged in for the past decade. The assumption is that since they colluded in the past, that the Republicans are colluding now that they control the levers of power. Since the Democrats don't really know any longer what the powerful intelligence tools are revealing... they're projecting on the Republicans, motives for things they did when these "Black Box Oracles" led then to act as they did, using the tools of national intelligence to tilt the political playing field. Never mind that they don't believe the assumption, what is significant is that they have convinced half the American people it is true. Projection is working and they have managed to convince their base that the same sins they regularly practiced are now being repeated by the Republican administration, now in power. This is an "Untrue Assumption" if there is by definition any such thing. Keep in mind that assumptions are made in the absence of facts, facts believed to be true, that are either unavailable to have an element of futurity. The Fake news, the Fake Dossier and the Fake collusion scenario are all Projection, to detract attention away from some unthinkable actions the Obama Administration chose to take.

Everybody knows that dirt is a part of the American Political Scene. Politicians dread it like the plague. What is so onerous these days is using manufactured dirt when truthful dirt is not forthcoming.The idea is that if "Truthful Dirt" isn't a availiable then one must resort to the "Manufacture" of "Fake dirt." to conjure up a false scenario. The problem with all this is that the Trump Team were babes in the woods and their inexperience is clearly evident in their first year in office. The Clinton and Obama administrations became experts in how to use dirt in all its insidious forms. It is one thing when the government finds dirt that is factual and quite another when a fake dossier is used. If that doesn't send a shudder down your spine nothing will.

Last night a commentator made the observation I've made before. " Why in Gods name would the Soviets prefer Donald Trump, a capitalist who wanted to revitalize the economy to Hillary Clinton, who offered at least four more years of economic malaise?" The Russians have not forgotten that it was the US economy that destroyed their empire under Regan. Russian Collusion has been PROJECTED onto the Trump administration. When the Uranium 1 scandal is fully aired, that whole sordid affair will be exposed to everyone. The real colluders were the Democrats.

© Copyright 2018 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/928471-Projecting-our-Sins-onto-Others