*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
19
20
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/928978-Endings-Beginnings-Romantic-Things
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#928978 added February 15, 2018 at 2:56pm
Restrictions: None
Endings, Beginnings, Romantic Things
Prompt: “There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning”
Louis L'Amour
Write anything you want about this.


===============

It is in human nature not to take endings well, especially if everything has been good to acceptable earlier. When something we cherish ends, we think it is the end of the world and we’ll never be happy again. That feeling usually dulls away in time.

It is, therefore, a good idea to take a pause and look around when something ends to give ourselves time to grieve and to handle the shock. This may act like the time-out adults give to children who have succumbed to temper tantrums. If we miss the past and feel uncomfortable with the change, it may help to pour out those emotions, possibly through arts or by talking to friends.

This is because endings and second beginnings aren’t clear-cut as they move by some effort and small shifts at a time. Then, a better way is letting go of that ending with an open mind, since when something ends, it ends, and it probably wasn’t in our hands.

The next thing is to look forward and start something new. Starting anything new means feeling a renewed hope, instead of lamenting the hopeless ending.

The idea of endings signaling beginnings first is noted by Lao Tzu, and as translated by Wayne Dyer, it says, “Amidst the rush of worldly comings and goings, observe how endings become beginnings.” This means it is the way of the world for things to end, only to signal another beginning, as change is the only thing constant in life.

Mixed flowers in a basket



Prompt: What is the most romantic thing you have done or someone has done for you?

==========

In the most loving way,
he rises like the sun
to chase dark clouds
away, with a hug
or a kind word
telling me not to worry
for luck will smile again
to make possible
the smooth sailing
of my tiny ketch
as if it were a fancy
cruise ship.

No need for sappy things
flowers and rings
true romance is found
in his being around.




© Copyright 2018 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/928978-Endings-Beginnings-Romantic-Things