*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
19
20
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/929114-Your-Match-How-Do-You-Know
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#929114 added February 18, 2018 at 2:52pm
Restrictions: None
Your Match: How Do You Know?
PROMPT: How do you know when you've met your match?

===============

Honestly speaking, you don’t. Only time does tell. To begin with, at least some of the time, people change or grow in different directions as they mature. That alone erases or alters the word match.

Speaking from my mind’s BS, meeting one’s match--as an idiom--has several connotations. It may mean the other person is just as strong and capable as you if you are fighting him/her in a rink or in business or in life in general. It may also mean someone who is like you and you can work well with. Mostly the word match brings the idea of a couple’s relationships.

I can say—somewhat with hesitation as people are different—that there possibly are a few things that should line up for a match to be made. As to couples’ relationships, what comes to mind are:

• You feel at ease, happy, and alive when this person is near you.
• The other person feels just right, intuitively.
• Your sense of right and wrong or, in a nutshell, what you consider morality is similar or the same.
• Your enjoyment of life and having a good time means the same or similar thing to each of you.
• Your backgrounds, families, country, language etc. are somewhat compatible.



© Copyright 2018 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/929114-Your-Match-How-Do-You-Know