*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/929518-A-Month
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#929518 added February 26, 2018 at 5:03pm
Restrictions: None
A Month?
Wow! Has it really been a month since I made an entry?

It's been a hell of a month, but I really need to get focused an more engaged in Writing. Com. There is no excuse, I just need to do it.

I had an idea of writing from prompts in here if I didn't have anything else to write about, just as a means to stir up my creative side. Well, so far that hasn't happened.

It all started just over a month ago, when one of our people resigned and took another job, leaving us short handed and making for a lot more work time for me. Luckily, we did get another person hired fairly quickly, trained, and on the schedule. This should have been the end to that and provided me with more time to spend in here.

Unfortunately, the new hire was great at saying all the things needed to get the job, and even did great with the training. In fact, so far she has done a terrific job when she can get there. Yes, she is a good worker, but she has an attendance problem, needing to take time off almost weekly for reasons that are pretty much all B-S. I will have this issue addressed tomorrow and hope it is the end. If not, well lets just say we may be looking for another person soon. What a pain, since she does a great job.

Along with this, I found myself with a very nasty eye infection. Seems a gland plugged up in my eyelid and became infected. My left eye was swelled to the point of barely being able to open it and was very sore, sensitive to light, and my vision was terribly blurred do to the yuk seeping out.

Between the extra time spent at work and the misery of the infection, it was difficult to get motivated to do much of anything. I did see a doctor and took some oral antibiotics as well as some salve to put directly into the eye. It's cleared up a lot, but there is still a small lump in the eyelid. Another batch of ointment will hopefully lead to a full recovery, but if not, the next step is to see an  ophthalmologist.

© Copyright 2018 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/929518-A-Month