*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/929834-thanks
Rated: E · Book · Emotional · #2093535
One man's journey to find the way home
#929834 added March 3, 2018 at 1:45am
Restrictions: None
thanks
I was told that a point of survival is looking for all the things you are thankful for. Lately I have been grumpy, like one in the wilderness looking to get to the promised Land. How do I get there?
I watch my attitude deteriorate. I see my cousins having the time of their lives. They are on cruises, in warmer climate. Life is a party and how can I not want to be there too?
I am dealing with a wife who does not work and seems content with the status quo. She shares with me all the money we have and I am left pondering how it will too soon disappear. She checks on me to make sure I nap. I am tortured knowing that I am working without reward.
So I do have a weapon. I can decide I am in the land of promise. I can be thankful. God created me and has a purpose for me and loves me. I am thankful for a place to live, thankful for a job, thankful for a church- I will meet someone at 1pm, thankful for a warm place in the cold, a place to which I can write. Family and friends. They will be stripped away when I forget to be thankful. It is the difference between heaven and hell.

© Copyright 2018 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/929834-thanks