*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/930225-Silence-Flashing-Lights-and-Nietzche
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#930225 added March 8, 2018 at 12:36pm
Restrictions: None
Silence, Flashing Lights, and Nietzche
Prompt: "Saying nothing sometimes says the most." Emily Dickinson
Do you agree?


==

Yes, I agree but only partially. On a personal one-to-one basis, not saying anything or not answering a question that passes the limits of acceptability does say the most.

On the other hand, there are situations where you have to say something if you are a self-respecting individual and a good citizen of the world, for example when you see great injustice being done to a great number of people and other beings.

Mixed flowers in a basket


Prompt: You see green, blue and red flashing lights in your bathroom at night. What is happening and do you dare enter?


==

First, I’d be worried that the flashing lights are being caused by my eyesight, specifically the retina separating. I would turn my head in all directions to figure out if the lights are coming from only one direction. If the flashing lights are from every direction, I’d call my ophthalmologist.

If only from the bathroom, I’d go open the door carefully, hoping to find a smart Martian in there who could help me with Windows 10 that suddenly goes into sleep mode on its own while I am in the middle of writing something, but no luck there. As an aside, as much as my writing may put the darn system to sleep, Windows 10 is not supposed to do that to me.

Fact is, I’d probably see some electrical lights or appliances attached to the wall, like electric toothbrushes, shorting themselves out.


Mixed flowers in a basket


Prompt: “It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!”
Friedrich Nietzsche
Are you always aware of the reasons for your opinions and the way you think? And what do you make of Nietzche’s quote?


==

No, unless I sit down and really think about every single opinion, I’m not always aware of the reasons for my opinions 100%, as some of our reasoning is based on our upbringing, the way the societies we are in have molded us, our beliefs past and present like the ten commandments, and our personal experiences.

If Nietzche has remembered every single reason for every single opinion he held, my hat’s off to him; however, I don’t think such a feat is possible to us people who are in human form.


© Copyright 2018 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/930225-Silence-Flashing-Lights-and-Nietzche