*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/930717-my-week-so-far
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Rhyssa
Rated: NPL · Book · Personal · #2150723
a journal
#930717 added March 15, 2018 at 2:43pm
Restrictions: None
my week so far
The Wildcard Round! This week's winner, chosen from all eligible entries by the Virtual Dice, receives 5000 GPs!

Pick three words that sum up your week so far (and tell us why you chose each word).

My week so far has been sleepy. Something about daylight savings time does a number on my head, and all of a sudden, I need about three extra hours of sleep per day. I’ve been going to bed earlier and getting up later and I’m still sleepy and kind of headachy.

My week so far has been productive. I’ve put in job applications and gotten my credit card sorted and talked to the pharmacist and read books and did blog entries and found poems that I liked. I started taking a class on personal finances (that will run twelve weeks) and haven’t spent any money (or brought any in) to put on the budget we’re supposed to do this week as homework. I’ve knitted some and played some and slept a lot, so I’ve done a lot this week.

My week so far has been surprising. About six months ago, we had to pack up the house (bedbug situation, long story, but my father is no longer allowed to help people move if there are bedbugs involved). My life fit into about forty boxes, half of which were full of books. Well, this week, I unpacked about three book boxes and regained possession of some old friends. I didn’t order the books very well when I packed, so unpacking as brought me some surprises—welcome ones. Also, in the surprising category, this week has been full of family news, my sister has been painting (and making chocolate muffins), and my mother has been knitting socks for another sister (the one in Germany who is apparently coming to visit in August), and my brother called with the news that they’re pregnant (this will make seven children) and he just lost his job (which is worrying, because six and a half kids), another sister is coming to visit with her four children next week (which means next week, the key word will be: busy), and the final sister hasn’t said anything yet, but I’m sure that surprises are around the corner for her as well.

You know, I’m not sure that surprising is the right word for that. Maybe overwhelming. Or unexpected.

© Copyright 2018 Rhyssa (UN: sadilou at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rhyssa has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/930717-my-week-so-far