*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/930841-my-security-book
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Rhyssa
Rated: NPL · Book · Personal · #2150723
a journal
#930841 added March 17, 2018 at 12:08pm
Restrictions: None
my security book
Creation Saturday! What's your definition of "lucky charms"? And what are some of yours...for personal use, and for the benefit of others?

Lucky charms are things that a person does by habit or conscious choice to make a special day go smoothly. Like a bride wearing something old, new, borrowed, blue or a baseball player who refuses to play unless he has a certain pair of underwear on.

I don’t remember any conscious lucky charms that I follow. I’m sure I have them. But I never had a certain pen to write with or a certain way to study. I do have to sleep with a little stuffed cat that is curved and fits in the hollow of my stomach. I don’t know if that’s a lucky thing or I want to be able to sleep on my side without my back aching thing.

I also tend to do things like take an umbrella so it doesn't rain and wear a coat so that it doesn't get too cold, and do my homework so that the teacher doesn't collect it.

Ah, here’s one. When I go out on errands, I always bring the book that I’m reading with me, even if it’s going to be too dark out to read in the car. When I was younger, I called it my security book (like a child's security blanket)—the thing I used to make sure that time passed quickly when I was off doing something that I didn’t want to, like go to the dentist or shop with my mother. If I had the book, than even if it did grow long, I had something to do.

Often I would bring two books, just so that if the first book ran out, I would have another to read and I wouldn’t get bored. I really dislike boredom. It doesn’t fit my sense of things.

© Copyright 2018 Rhyssa (UN: sadilou at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rhyssa has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/930841-my-security-book