*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/931336-The-birds-will-sing-that-you-are-part-of-everything
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #2107938
A new year, a new blog, same mess of a writer.
#931336 added March 23, 2018 at 4:16pm
Restrictions: None
The birds will sing that you are part of everything.
Date: 03.23.18 -- Day 81
Music: "Dear Prudence" / "Across the Universe" Cast



I'm tip-toeing back after a hectic couple of weeks. My hope is to come back completely and finish up the tasks I need to do by this weekend. I'm behind. I'm always behind. But I miss not being able to write.

Exhaustion. I passed exhaustion about a week ago. Ever feel that deep bone exhaustion?

Spring has arrived, kinda, in the Pacific Northwest. The sun is out. The days are getting longer. People are happy even though the rain is still here in abundance.

I'm approaching 30 soon, with a bullet. It bothers me more than anticipated. Not getting older. I'm content to be getting older. It's longer than I originally imagined I would live. What is bothering me is the idea that there are others who don't think I've "earned" it. That I need other things in order to truly be 30 -- a degree, a child, etc. It's such an arbitrary state-of-mind. I earned 30 by surviving this long. Full stop. I don't need other things to have complete sense of self.

Guava and mint lemonade have been my flavors of choice these past few weeks. I think, deep down, I'm looking forward to summer? That's strange for me. Not bad strange. Just strange.

The first quarter of 2018 has been something. How did everyone else do?




© Copyright 2018 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/931336-The-birds-will-sing-that-you-are-part-of-everything