*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/931422-Generations
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#931422 added March 24, 2018 at 11:41pm
Restrictions: None
Generations
PROMPT: At what point do we concede the generation coming after us may be right where we were not?

--------------

The next generation may be right in many areas but that, only time will tell. I think, this is because what we do today has its repercussions tomorrow and those repercussions will be highly influenced by the circumstances of that time.

My hope for the human family is that each generation betters what comes before it so we see progress in our species. On the other hand, it seems our race takes one step forward while taking two or more back and rarely, when we get lucky, vice versa. There is no smooth way of evaluating the events of today and figuring out where we are wrong, since even the idea of right or wrong changes with time and with generations.

Taking into account the way the kids of today want gun control and better management from those who have the say in those things, kids’ point of view feels right to me, but also, we have the second amendment and there are people who defend the opposite and show good reasons for their beliefs. Who is really right I can’t say for sure, and neither can I tell if the kids are mature enough for some of the serious decisions. All I can see is that they are hurting and rightfully so, and we have to respect that and their views.

Then, when I was young, that is several decades ago, my generation, too, thought they could change the world for the better. In fact, at that time, we were very sure of that. Today, I am not sure we were 100% successful, if at all.



© Copyright 2018 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/931422-Generations