*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/931525-Time-to-Shape-Up-or-Ship-Out
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#931525 added March 26, 2018 at 2:15pm
Restrictions: None
Time to Shape Up or Ship Out
It's a good thing this isn't a daily journal, but even so, I do need to do better at getting in here and writing. Eleven days... sheesh!

I found a wonderful surprise when I logged in today, one of my posts was tagged in the March 2018 Blogging Bliss Newsletter. It's always nice to get a little recognition; just wish that post would have had better results. At the time, I had just done a corrective action for attendance problems and was to review it with the person at the end of the month. She didn't make it that long and has again called in less than twenty-four hours to say she can't make it.

I tried to help her find a solution, since it was just a blown tire, but everything suggested was shot down. Then she let me know she could borrow a vehicle to go get a tire, but wouldn't be back in time and have it on the vehicle in time to make it to her afternoon shift. I bit back my question, "If you can borrow a vehicle, why do you have to miss work?"

I already knew the answer, she didn't have to miss work, she chose to miss. The verbal warning was nil, and I would have to take the next step, a written warning. I contacted my boss to inform him we need to look for someone to possibly fill her position and that if she failed to correct the problem, I wanted to terminate her.

Today, I wrote up a written warning, and on Wednesday I will go over it with her and inform her that the problem ends now or she's out of a job. It tends to take quite a while to find someone, so I'm looking at the possibility of not having much for time off until the position is filled. So much for having more time to write and spend in WdC.

But, we do what we have to, even when it's the unpleasant things like reprimanding and terminating someone or having to give up my days off to cover shifts. Things will work out with time and I still intend to do my best at getting here as often as I can.

© Copyright 2018 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/931525-Time-to-Shape-Up-or-Ship-Out