*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/931828-random-thoughts
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Rhyssa
Rated: NPL · Book · Personal · #2150723
a journal
#931828 added March 31, 2018 at 6:31pm
Restrictions: None
random thoughts
I've been knitting today. That's not really unusual--I've been working on several big knitting projects that have taken up time and space in my head recently. I did get the double knit project done in time to post it on a ravelry board where I will probably not be drawn for a free design by the designer. I wouldn't mind winning. I like her designs, but on the other hand, I have a scarf and a blanket that I'm still working on by her, so I should really focus there instead of wandering into odd paths.

So, today I've been thinking about lace and lace weight yarn, which is an exercise in faith. It's hard to take out, so I have to have faith in my skill that I will get it right the first time and not have to frog. For those of you who don't know, frogging is when you take a piece of knitting and rip it out (one row at a time) rip it, rip it . . . thus, frog. This particular yarn is delicate. But I'm enjoying the project. I like working with lace weight and I enjoy lace, which is all about the spaces between the lines.

Which reminded me of poetry.

Tomorrow is April, and poetry month will begin, and I'm really tempted by two separate prompt based challenges, but I don't really want to write two poems a day . . . I'll just have to see what happens. Lots of poetry. Lots of finding a job. Lots of knitting. Lots of volunteering as a receptionist twice a week for the foreseeable future. It shouldn't be that bad, and maybe a real job will come out of it.

I have a headache. Not that that has anything to do with anything else, but I'm stream of conscious-ing here, and so it happened. Which probably means I should go back and knit some more.

Only I'm almost at the end of this month's pattern and the new one doesn't come until tomorrow. And I'll start something else instead. I haven't figured out what yet. Ah well. Hope everyone else had a good March.

© Copyright 2018 Rhyssa (UN: sadilou at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rhyssa has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/931828-random-thoughts