*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/931837-Good-Bible-reading-time
by brom21
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #2118726
This is a test.
#931837 added March 31, 2018 at 10:41pm
Restrictions: None
Good Bible reading time.
Today has been productive. I got up at 10 am. And when I read the Bible, I genuinely asked God to guide me. I was drawn to go to the Gospel of John. This time I put no time limit on my reading. I ended up reading like 15 minutes. However I retained almost all of it. John began by saying the Word was with God and was God. Everything was made by God. Then he spoke of John the Baptist being a guide to the Light and to bear witness of that Light. God created the world and the world knew Him not. He went to His own but His own knew him not. But to those who believed on Him received the right to be called sons. Later on the book spoke concerning John the Baptist, he said he confessed to those was met by the Pharisees he was not the Christ and that One comes who was before him. Also that John the Baptist was not worthy to loose Jesus’ sandal latchet and the when Jesus came to John the Baptist He said “Behold, the Lamb that takes way the sin of the world!” Then Jesus came to Peter and called him Cephas which means a stone. Then when He saw Philip on the way, Jesus said “An Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile.” There was little bit more I think, but the point is I just prayed in honest and God had me read a few chapters so I might retain it. Then I read my deviational. I decided last night I would not play games. Just to getaway from them for a day.
I did two more anniversary reviews which makes 16 altogether. The notification said I had 14 submitted. The second one I did was good but it lacked emotion. It was basically about a woman who has been shot in bank, bleeding on the floor from a gunshot wound in the stomach. She casually thinks all these thoughts about her life and personal ponderings. I told the author to add more anguishing mental dialog and description. Now going back to my first review, it was very short. Nevertheless, it was warm hearted. The account (which was more like a letter written in first person POV) addressed the reader about his/her black Labrador about all the quirky things he does. There was ample description and usage of smell and feel. It was really funny and touching. It was done with so few words but it hit the mark in my opinion.
Jim came home 30 minutes early today from his first job. And let for his second 20 minutes later about. I told my mom today about my bouts with my anxiety and she told Jim. He was very genuinely concerned and said he was sorry I had to go through what I went through the night before. Indeed, it is a horrible thing to experience.
I just texted Ricky and he is going to the 6 pm service. I don’t want to go that late but I may go anyway.
I left a text with Dan for a ride to morning church and it’s been 30 minutes since I messaged him. I hope he gets back to me before 9 pm. Ricky is at a wedding reception so he could not talk. We’ll chat tomorrow.
Well, that is it for now Goodbye.

© Copyright 2018 brom21 (UN: ion_7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
brom21 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/931837-Good-Bible-reading-time