*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/931993-The-Case-of-the-Red-Wiggle
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#931993 added April 3, 2018 at 9:36am
Restrictions: None
The Case of the Red Wiggle

Blog Harbor Challenge - Week 1, Day 2

Prompt - Day 2:
This time let's discuss that one show, with the character that just doesn't seem to fit. You wish you could just pluck them out of the show and replace them with someone else. What show is it and why don't you think they fit?


I'm not sure I watch enough TV to be able to address this question. I tend to be selective about what I watch to begin with and if I thought a show was miss cast in anyway, I might not even continue watching it. Thinking back over the shows I do watch, the series I binge-watch more accurately, I'm not sure I could name one character that seemed out of place. The only thing that oddly comes to mind is the Wiggles. It was an Australian children's show my daughter used to watch when she was a toddler. It was filled with all the typical fodder aimed at preschoolers and featured four men who were supposed to be the Wiggle brothers. They were defined by the colors they wore, purple, red, blue and yellow and from time to time one or two of the "brothers" would be swapped out for a new cast member. My daughter never missed the changes no matter how subtle the show tried to be. The Wiggles always made a point of talking directly to their audience, connecting with all the kids who's parents would shed out big bucks to go to their shows when they came on tour. The kids would wait anxiously to see their favorite Wiggle live only to find that the Red Wiggle Greg they were expecting, had an entirely different voice and face. For some reason the revolving door of cast changes always bothered me, like the musical dance numbers would somehow mask the fact that these were just actors doing their leg of a tour of duty singing silly nursery rhymes until something better came along. Silly maybe but that's about all I've got on topic today.

© Copyright 2018 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/931993-The-Case-of-the-Red-Wiggle