*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/932008-Global-Living
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#932008 added April 3, 2018 at 12:30pm
Restrictions: None
Global Living
Prompt: What does the idea of global living mean to you, and do you think it is wise and doable?

===

Aside from the fact that there is a magazine called Global Living, the idea of global living is usually thought of as being connected to worldwide travel. I, however, have a different take on what global living is.

To me, global living will be the erasure of all visa, passport etc. obligations and people should be able to go anywhere and visit anyone in the world, and in such an ideal time, everyone will have to be accepting of everyone else. No more of us-versus-them feeling or notion. Of course, I am thinking of no wars, no hunger, no major troubles, and in short, world peace.

Global living, on such terms, is not doable at this time in history, but it is a wise thought. For it to succeed, all the nations in the world have to come together, share their cultures and riches, and at least, partially agree to the policing practices, and then, they all should enforce those practices with equal zest. Then, if qualities like compassion, decency, morality, wisdom, etc. can be cultivated and instilled in people through efficient and moral education in favorable environments on a worldwide scale and for the duration of a few centuries, humankind may be able to learn how to live better and globally.

Although all this seems to be impossible at the moment, “hope springs eternal,” and I so hope there will be a way...


© Copyright 2018 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/932008-Global-Living