*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/932362-Ken-and-Donna
by QPdoll
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #2109246
Short Stories, poems, and other writings.
#932362 added April 9, 2018 at 9:45pm
Restrictions: None
Ken and Donna
Ken arrived home from a long day at work and decided to clear his head. He exchanged his size ten dress shoes for a pair of tennis shoes and took off for a run. Which way should I go? Toward town, I think.

He ran past his neighbors outside enjoying the evening with their children. The kids screamed as dad chased them around the yard. He waved and continued on his way. Next, he saw a young couple walking their dog. Why can’t I find someone to love?

It wasn’t long before he came to an intersection and had to wait to cross the road. He jogged in place trying to keep the pace and finally, the light changed. He decided when he made it into downtown he’d stop at the local ice cream store for a treat. When the shop came into sight he slowed down to a walk. As he began to enter he noticed a beautiful redhead walking up behind him. He stopped to hold the door for her.

“Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.” He couldn’t believe what this woman did to him in a matter of a few seconds. He just held the door for her, and he felt like he knew her. She made his heart beat faster than when he ran. “Uhm, may I ask if you’ll be enjoying your ice cream here or are you taking it to go?”

A bit guarded, she responded, “I plan to eat here.” She turned back toward the menu.

“I don’t mean to be forward, but would you mind if I joined you? I, too, plan to eat here and would like some company. Actually, may I buy one for you?”

She smiled. “Sure.”

“What can I buy you?”

“How about two scoops of butter pecan?”

“That’s my favorite. I think I’ll get the same. By the way, I’m Ken.”

Donna,” she replied. “Nice to meet you.”

They each got their ice cream and sat at a booth.

“So, tell me, Donna, what do you do for a living?”

“I’m an executive assistant for a local attorney. What do you do?”

“I’m a mobile application developer.”

“So, you develop mobile apps?”

“Yes, that’s exactly what I do. Who do you work for?”

“Harvey Specter. Do you know him?”

“No. I don’t get out and about many attorneys.”

The two sat for a couple of hours asking questions and learning about one another. She just did something to him, something no other woman had ever done. He couldn’t get enough of her big brown eyes.

“Since we kind of had dessert first, may I take you out to dinner?”

“Well, I’m not really dressed to go out.”

“Neither am I. I’d like to run home and change. May I pick you up or would you prefer to meet me somewhere?”

She laughed. “I think I’d feel more comfortable meeting you.”

“That’s fine. Where would you like to meet? What sounds good?”

“You know, I think I’d just like a good burger and fries. Do you mind if we meet at Red Robin?

Ken smiled. “That sounds great to me. I’ll meet you there in thirty minutes. Does that work for you?”

“Make it forty-five minutes.”

“Done.”

They exchanged numbers and he walked her to her car.

“Where’s your car so I will recognize it?”

“It’s not here. I was out for a run when I decided to get an ice cream. But I drive a big black Chevy truck.”

“Do you want a ride home?”

“No, I don’t want to make you uncomfortable. I’ll just run home and change.”

“You’re sure?”

“Absolutely. I’ll meet you there in forty-five minutes.”

“Okay. See you in a bit.”

He had a fast run home and jumped in the shower. Maybe he just met the love of his life.




Color Butterfly












© Copyright 2018 QPdoll (UN: eager2write at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QPdoll has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/932362-Ken-and-Donna