*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/932727-music-to-chase-dreams
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Rhyssa
Rated: NPL · Book · Personal · #2150723
a journal
#932727 added April 13, 2018 at 10:59pm
Restrictions: None
music to chase dreams
Do you write with music playing in the background? If so what kind of music inspires you? Feel free to share a song with us. If you don't why not?

I don’t tend to write while playing music, mostly because it distracts me. I wander off thinking about the words or the melody or the bass line and forget that it’s about the writing in the first place. If I ever do write while listening, it has to be something without words. Classical works. I’ve written to Saints Saens before and Ravel and Beethoven and Chopin and Mozart. Mozart tends to be too regular—I get distracted. I tend not to listen to jazz because it annoys me after I listen for a while.



This song’s short (well, short for writing music, which should last for as long as I need to write) but I enjoy it—the violins and the quickness of it makes my fingers move faster, which is important for a writing piece. I also find it complicated emotionally which means I don’t get too moody as I write.


© Copyright 2018 Rhyssa (UN: sadilou at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rhyssa has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/932727-music-to-chase-dreams