*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/932821-Progress
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#932821 added April 15, 2018 at 3:12pm
Restrictions: None
Progress
Prompt: What is your personal definition of progress?

====

Progress, to me, is personal growth, and it has nothing to do with success, fame, monetary wealth, or others’ opinions. If we learn or discover something each day, possibly help someone in some way, and anything we put out--be it in words, conversation, music or visual arts, and other actions—springs from the feeling of love and other positive feelings, we grow.

This growth is not fancy. It doesn’t happen in the future. It has to happen immediately, each day, putting us in touch with that warm, hidden place inside ourselves. Then, it adds up over time, becomes progress on a wider scale, and inspires others. If each one of us concentrated on his or her own progress, the entire humankind would show progress, too.

I think, therefore, progress begins in the home, in the home of the body and mind of each person, to spread and become worldwide.


© Copyright 2018 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/932821-Progress