*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/932874-The-Shack---Day-14
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#932874 added April 16, 2018 at 10:49am
Restrictions: None
The Shack - Day 14
"Blog Harbor from The Talent Pond"
PROMPT (DAY 14): Blogger's Choice! All you have to do today is write about any movie and tell us why. What are you dying to talk about? Do you want to praise or rip on a movie you just saw? Mention your favorite movie that didn't fit into any of the prompts so far this week? Talk about your most eagerly-anticipated movie of this year? As long as you talk a little about why you picked it, write about any movie you want, past, present, or future!


One of the most thought provoking films I've seen recently is the movie, "The Shack". I found myself at turns both hating and loving it. Admittedly, tackling the concepts of Heaven, life after death and the holy trinity as central themes, is certainly admirable for how ambitious it is. I also laud the movie for having the best of intentions as well. I found the inclusion of some of the darker elements of the crime, namely the kidnap and murder of a young child, hard to justify in end. I argued with myself whether or not viewer needed that particular scene in order to accept the fundamental premise of the movie. I loved the casting and portrayal of the character meant to represent Jesus Christ in his earthly form. The writers and director really made it easy to connect with the character in much the way Christians are raised to see Jesus of Nazareth and his role in their spiritual journey to God. Scenes with this character brought to mind the engaging and comforting elements of Sunday school teachings for me.
I was raised Catholic and married into a mixed faith marriage. My husband and I are both largely lapsed in our respective faiths and we watched this movie together. He found it interesting and the physical depiction of the holy trinity might have made a little more sense to him as opposed to my convoluted explanations. Overall the movie message was universally about forgiveness and regardless of your faith, its a concept that we all can get behind. It was very thought provoking, not all entirely enjoyable in the traditional sense, but it made us think and talk about it after. It has stayed with me long after the viewing which, in my book, means something.

© Copyright 2018 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/932874-The-Shack---Day-14