*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/933273-No-PS4-today
by brom21
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #2118726
This is a test.
#933273 added April 22, 2018 at 9:46pm
Restrictions: None
No PS4 today
Today I got up early enough at about 9:45 am. I was awake at 6 am but as I usually do, I went back to sleep. LOL. I did not win the Writer’s Cramp. Oh well, maybe next time. Someone reviewed one of my Thrice Prompted stories called The Portal of Worlds. It had a Norse mythology element to it and the reviewer loved it. Although he only gave it three-and-a-half stars, he said he really liked it. He pointed out a few things that I will try to remember. One thing he said was how the characters did not have meaning or drive. I struggle with fleshing out character’s personalities. Sometimes they are just props that I put in place, that are no more than plain scenery and image. I need to practice character depth. I think the trick may be to really have to put my mind into the character’s place – which is the obvious thing to do. I should do writing exercises and focus on my issue.
I did not hit the PS4 today and it was nice to get away from it. I started reading The Visitation by Frank Peretti. So far the story is about a town in Washington State where people are having visions of Jesus and angels. The main character and narrator, is cynical of all the sightings and miraculous things occurring in the town. In essence, he is bitter. I got to chapter three. Peretti’s books have notable longer chapters than Lawhead’s, John White’s to compere other Christian/supernatural books. I do like it though so far. I had two quiet times today. It was well spent. The Lord was definitely there.
It is officially hot outside. LOL. Today at church we had lunch-on-the-lot. It was actually inside and pretty brief. Another friend brought me home other than Dan. Justice, my ride’s name, looked like he meant to leave immediately so asked him for a ride. Dan said he wanted to stay for lunch on the lot. But at the end both Justice and Dan left at the same time. LOL.
My mom was talking about what to give my sister in law for her knew baby. All her friends and family gave her flowers – which she did not want. Instead my mom will get her a massage or spa gift card. That is what my bro (her husband) suggested.
My mom asked how Ann was and I told her she is from another planet. By that, I mean she does not like to talk with me. She is a major flake. I just sent her a text. Who knows if she’ll get back to me any day soon? She may be working now.
I just went to TJ’s for ice-cream and a pizza for myself. It was a small one. I put on some extra, extra sharp cheese. It was good.
I think my mom said Jim is off Wednesday or Thursday from his later job Albertson’s. We will have a steak dinner one of those days.
Chad goes back to work tomorrow- poor guy. He said he may call of work because of his gout pain. I hope it subsides by tomorrow.
Well, that is it for now. ,Goodbye.


© Copyright 2018 brom21 (UN: ion_7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
brom21 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/933273-No-PS4-today