*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/933791-writing-as-a-form-of-sleep-deprivation
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Rhyssa
Rated: NPL · Book · Personal · #2150723
a journal
#933791 added May 1, 2018 at 10:12pm
Restrictions: None
writing as a form of sleep deprivation
Prompt: What do you think affects a good night’s sleep in a negative way? The kind of bed, the pillows, the covers, life’s stresses, relationships, noise, illness, medication, and/or anything else you can come up with, in addition to all of the above?

I choose e. All of the above. For me personally, right now the thing most affecting my sleep is that I stay up too late and get up too early and I’ve spent the past fourteen hours up and at work (I’m volunteering, so only half a day as a receptionist and still looking for real work), reading, and then knit night and I’m tired because I only got five hours of sleep.

And I’m not fully recovered from Sunday. It was a long day because I had choir practice then I led the music in the service and gave a talk to the congregation, taught my Sunday school class, and choristered a game of Name that Hymn. So, I’m so tired that I’m forgetting my thoughts from one sentence to the next. Which isn’t that hard to do for me. I spend a lot of time trying to figure out where some thought tracked in from.

Sorry—proposition ending a sentence. Sometimes when I’m really tired, I lose words. Not the complicated ones. I lose little words like “milk” but can remember “colloidal suspension” which really messes with my head. Ah well. Anything can mess with sleep, and does. But sometimes, you just need to finish the book before you go to bed.

© Copyright 2018 Rhyssa (UN: sadilou at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rhyssa has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/933791-writing-as-a-form-of-sleep-deprivation