*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
19
20
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/933871-Spring-Is-a-Slippery-Trickster
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#933871 added May 3, 2018 at 1:50pm
Restrictions: None
Spring Is a Slippery Trickster
Prompt: "Spring is like perhaps a hand / (which comes carefully / out of Nowhere)arranging / a window, into which people look," writes e. e. cummings, using the image of a hand and its actions to describe the nature of spring. His musings go on in the poem to make various imaginative leaps, but its twists and turns are held together by the shared exploration of a specific subject. Try writing a poem, short story or blog entry that begins with, "Spring is like..." and explore the season through similes.


======

Spring Is a Slippery Trickster
(a haibun)

Spring is like the pollen it produces. When spring comes, pollen replaces the ice and the snow, but it is just as annoying if not more so. In addition, pollen is a two-faced cheat and a witch that casts spells in the name of spiritual alchemy, creating blooms that erupt in rainbows of dust mimicking sunshine.

From the ice and snow
to one bewildered beauty
some fools like to kiss

When spring booms with thunder to bring the sweetly singing rain, which cleans the air but acts as the instigator for plants that, due to the buoyancy of their drinking spree, produce blooms and more blooms, thus more flurries of adhesive pollen plummeting from the air into people like feathered arrows.

not only sneeze attacks
but synchronous asthma too
conniving murder


© Copyright 2018 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/933871-Spring-Is-a-Slippery-Trickster