*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/933946-Shortcuts--Dont-Get-Hooked-on-Copywriting
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#933946 added May 4, 2018 at 3:32pm
Restrictions: None
Shortcuts- Don't Get Hooked on Copywriting
         Everyone has seen those hooks that ultimately want to sell you something. They show up on Facebook and E-mails, pop-ups, and so-called news sites. You know the articles that promise to tell you the foods you should never eat before bedtime, or what medicine you should never take, or a six second habit that will change your life. You click on, and ten, fifteen minutes later, the video still has not answered the hook. You leave the room and go to the bathroom or get a drink, return, and the voice is still going on with background info, much of which is not new. It's general background.

         Well, I can tell you some short cuts. 1) Don't eat celery late at night. Daytime is okay. 2) Fish oils, even krill oil, which can be very expensive, may not be pure, and don't have all the omega's you need, The fish have to come from certain places at certain times of year, and have to be processed better than most companies do. 3) Avoid vegetable oil. If you have to use oil, look for non-saturated fats or pay a lot of money for pure coconut oil. Peanut oil smokes when hot. 4) Margarine is not as good as we once believed. Stick to butter, but use in moderation.

         5) Turkey bacon sounds like a healthier alternative right? No, avoid this. I cooked some recently. My family commented about how tough it was, how they didn't like the texture. I realized how flat it remained while cooking, and the artificial color. Even before I stuck through one of the long talks to finally find out this hook's answer, I thought this is still highly processed in order to have this flavor and look. So stay away.

         Another one that I've fallen for long ago, which is now a no0-no, whole grain cereals. They are still processed at length and don't offer as much goodness as we thought. Many have additives we need to avoid. So they recommend staying away from these and sticking with cooked oatmeal, not the instant kind.

         They call all these things copywriting. They get turned into boring audios with a few graphics. They go on forever and most people give up without getting to the meat of the original headline. Or they stick it out to discover this is for an incredibly overpriced item, and they will be hit with unending SPAM. In general, we can assume that eggs aren't as bad as we once were told. Exercise is always preferable to sitting for long periods. Saving money is better than being shopaholics. Sleep is important in adequate amounts. Protect your skin and your eyes from the sun. Plant a tree, and be charitable. The products being sold are steeply priced to pay all the copywriters and producers of these ads. Modern day tonic or snake oil salesmen.


© Copyright 2018 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/933946-Shortcuts--Dont-Get-Hooked-on-Copywriting