*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/934670-Royal-Wedding-or-Royal-Pain
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#934670 added May 16, 2018 at 5:06pm
Restrictions: None
Royal Wedding or Royal Pain?
Prompt: Will you be watching the Royal Wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan? You knew this was coming.

------------

No, not if I can help it. But then, hubby likes such stuff, and if he has the TV on, chances are there won’t much escape…unless I wear my earbuds and listen to Vivaldi instead. Nevertheless, I wish the couple many years of happiness and may they be able to handle some other royal pains efficiently.

Royal weddings fascinate most commoners. Royal or not, I am not into weddings. I didn’t even want mine. In fact, I tried to talk my husband into eloping, but he was too scared of my mother. I don’t blame him one bit, as I was too scared of my mother, also. Anyhow, that monstrosity is behind me for more than half a century now. Maybe this has to do with my own shortcomings. I never liked pomp or princes and those guys who acted as if they were princes.

Back to royal weddings, I liked William and Kate’s, only because I liked Kate’s dress, and I still didn’t watch the wedding, not really, except there was no escape. It was everywhere for many days. I remember Diana’s dress, too, and how they used to call her fairytale princess. She did look puffed up in that clown suit, and maybe because of those fluffy dresses on weddings, I am beginning to dislike the color white. I wonder if it is just a step-up from guys’ white tees, which I mostly consider underwear.

Now, Bhutan's king and queen's royal wedding of 2011 has been something else. They both wore all colors like lovebirds of Central America. I have to applaud them because, to me, anything but white would do. I’ll try to upload a photo of these two, if I can.

Then, the idea of the royal bride, uniquely beautiful, intelligent, graceful, and unwavering in her commitment to stuffiness doesn’t do much for me. For once, I’d love to see a royal bride wearing black and somersaulting to the altar with the royal groom wearing white and walking stiffly beside her. How’s that for getting back at tradition!
 ~

© Copyright 2018 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/934670-Royal-Wedding-or-Royal-Pain