*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/934748-all-the-starry-universe
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Rhyssa
Rated: NPL · Book · Personal · #2150723
a journal
#934748 added May 17, 2018 at 10:27pm
Restrictions: None
all the starry universe
Make a list of everything that inspires you-from books to web sites, paintings, movies or anything else you can think of.

Okkay. This is more difficult a task than it sounds like because everything has inspiration potential. I read a book and a phrase jumps out at me and leads my mind into another story. I see words that make me want to write a poem. I see a sunset. I see a sky full of clouds that look as though they are painted except if someone painted them, they wouldn’t look real because they’re so perfect. I smell dinner. I talk to my mother. I remember stories from my childhood or from my mother’s childhood or from my grandparents and great grandparents. Someone dies. Someone lives.

Everything inspires me. The world is made up of inspiration and most of my creative time is spent winnowing away into the story that I want to tell, trying to fit glimmers and glints that I’ve found along the way into the mix.

© Copyright 2018 Rhyssa (UN: sadilou at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rhyssa has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/934748-all-the-starry-universe