*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/934831-Good-News-Bad-News
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #2156493
A hub for the "Book of Masks" universe.
#934831 added May 19, 2018 at 11:34am
Restrictions: None
Good News, Bad News
So the good news is that you guys get a new chapter today instead of having to wait 24 hours: "Invalid Item.

The bad news is that it doesn't have much to do with the choice that you voted for yesterday.

I keep an outline going as I write, and part of the outline includes a calendar so that I can keep track of the days of the week, how much time has passed since certain events, what else is going on the world of Saratoga Falls, etc. Like, did you know that while Will was at the movies with Katy, Catherine Muskov was throwing a party at her house? And Joe and Frank Durras were laying plans to break into Salopek? I know that, because the master outline tells me so.

Anyway, the outline told me that the golem (which in this branch is going to be known as a "lackey" or something else) was done cooking. That was some business I wanted to get out of the way; and besides, it would be a new wrinkle in the Will-Stephanie relationship. I guessed (rightly) that the vote at the end of "Invalid Item would be close, and that I wouldn't know for sure which one would win until the deadline. So instead of worrying about that, I wrote a sequel chapter that had nothing to do with the previous choice and everything to do with the golem. That way you'd have a new chapter, only at the price of it having little if anything to do with the previous choice. This morning I edited the chapter a bit so as to acknowledge the results of the vote, and here we are.

Oh, and this new location that they're moving to? Partly that was an excuse to get Will and Stephanie to the basement so they could find the golem done. But it was also an attempt to add a little bit more to the universe. There are a couple of other locations around town where Will could do his experiments, but I've never had occasion for him to discover them yet.

© Copyright 2018 Seuzz (UN: seuzz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/934831-Good-News-Bad-News