*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
19
20
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935162-Contest-Owners-and-Prize-Changes
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#935162 added May 23, 2018 at 10:01pm
Restrictions: None
Contest-Owners and Prize Changes
Prompt: Have you ever won a contest and found out that the prize was something totally different than advertised? Write about your experience with real life contests.

-------------

Sometimes in WdC, the contest prizes can change if the contest owner receives more donations than he or she has anticipated. Then, the prizes go up and/or extra prize categories are put in. Usually, outside of WdC, contest prizes stay stable. I haven’t experienced any negative of positive change in the prizes offered. Then, maybe this is because I am not into entering too many contests. I don’t even buy a lotto ticket.

Still, I think, contest owners should keep in mind a few ground rules for the integrity of their contests. If a contest-owner wants to change the prizes while the contest is running, she should immediately advertise the fact or notify the contestants and say why the rules are being changed, especially if any significant element of the promotion is being changed such a prize being eliminated, and if a necessary change wasn’t foreseeable or it isn’t under the control of the sponsor.

The owner should also explain if the prizes are being affected by the change or if the change will reduce the value of any of the prizes. It’s also good to remember that the contest-owner is responsible for his or her sponsors. One other thing to keep in mind is from which state or country or internet site the contest has originated and if the change can constitute a violation of the rules of that place or site.

© Copyright 2018 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935162-Contest-Owners-and-Prize-Changes