*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935292-Suspended-on-Account-of-Brainstorming
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #2156493
A hub for the "Book of Masks" universe.
#935292 added May 26, 2018 at 12:20pm
Restrictions: None
Suspended on Account of Brainstorming
Between us, we have managed to push me into a corner.

BoM is mostly consistent between its branches (but it's far from perfect). This consistency extends beyond characters and character traits and histories and relationships to include events. What I mean is that there are certain events that are assumed to "come off"in every branch unless Will does something, directly to indirectly, to interfere with them. I keep a kind of calendar in my notes where I keep track of such events, and in whatever branch I'm writing I try to keep track of those events in case they become relevant to the storyline.

One such event just became relevant.

The storyline I've been writing for you guys is now hung up on a Sunday; the previous Friday there was a party at Catherine Muskov's house, and something happened there, something to do with Hannah and this voodoo plot that the girls are tormenting her with. But I've never decided exactly happened or what caused it.

But now I have to figure it out. Which means I've got to do some research about voodoo because I don't want it to be the cliched stuff.

I have a book that I'm reading, and I like it because it emphasizes (controversially) the "astral" aspects of voodoo, and astrology is a big part of the BoM mythos. I'm about halfway through the book, and with the weekend I should be able to plow through it. But I'm going to have to take a few days off to do that research and to do some sketching and thinking before I can return to writing.

© Copyright 2018 Seuzz (UN: seuzz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935292-Suspended-on-Account-of-Brainstorming