*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935665-Trash-Issue-with-a-Neighbor
Rated: 13+ · Book · Environment · #1392154
A modest journal.
#935665 added October 22, 2018 at 11:31pm
Restrictions: None
Trash Issue with a Neighbor
June 1, 2018:

         I came home today after work with groceries.  As I got to the top of the stairs, I saw that once again my neighbor left garbage in the entry way---actually not even in front of his own apartment, but in front of my window, my apartment.  I was livid.  I tossed it in front of his own door and knocked----nobody answered.

         This is the second time the neighbors at 3513 have left trash in the entry way, and they are both healthy, young and able-bodied.  There’s no excuse for it.

         The first time (about a week ago) I reported it to Taylor (part of the management here at Imperial Palms), and she said she would take care of it.  Clearly, she did nothing (not surprising because that’s the way things seem to be handled here at Imperial Palms much of the time).  So, today, the neighbors at 3513 left trash out again.

         I called the office and reported it.  I then tried to send another e-mail to Taylor, but the community website was down.  So, I went online to Facebook and sent a personal message.

         The man next door came out the door as I was carrying in my groceries and I told him directly this is unacceptable and asked him to not do it again.  He then said that he was planning to eventually take it down.  I told him that he should know better.

         What really upsets me is that I allowed this to upset me.

-------

         In hindsight, what I said, thought and did was not wrong in itself, but the spirit behind what I said, thought and did was wrong.  I was operating out of a spirit of anger, indignation and self-righteousness (against the apartment management and against my neighbor).  When instead, what was needed (expedient, necessary), was a spirit of God's love. 

         Today, I saw my neighbor and he spoke kindly...  I'm thankful he did not take offense.

© Copyright 2018 Maria Mize (UN: kimbro1958 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maria Mize has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935665-Trash-Issue-with-a-Neighbor